Monday, July 8, 2013

A cool breeze blows this morning reminding me that it's still winter and that it's best spent snuggling with my loves. The little man is bundled up in his sleeping bag in a lightly toasted room, falling asleep to piano lullabies. My gentleman is already at work, two hours early, preparing to enrich the minds of our future generations.

And so I'm reminded, while the house is quiet, that I am lonely. I can reach out to others via phone, e-mail, FaceTime, or other electronic means. But to do so would mean to disturb my contented lonely state. A state of mind where I tell myself it's okay to be lonely. That everyone is busy and living lives. That they don't miss me and I don't miss them. Life go on, lonely or not.

And so instead of sending out half hearted e-mails or start awkward, disjointed, conversations, I sit and mindlessly browse the net. I await the awakening coos or cries of my darling boy so that I can forget that I'm lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment